BusyBodyQueen

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Michael Palmer


The following statement was issued by Mr Michael Palmer on Dec 12 during a press conference:
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for attending this press conference.
With great regret, I announce that I have tendered my resignation as a Member of Parliament and as a member of the People's Action Party.
I have resigned to take full responsibility for a grave mistake that I have committed. I had a relationship with a member of the People's Association staff working in Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. While the individual did not work with me directly, Punggol East used to be part of the GRC and continues to work with it. My conduct was improper and it was a serious error of judgment.
I have resigned in order to avoid further embarassment to the PAP and to Parliament.
I have performed my duties as Speaker of Parliament and MP for Punggol East to the best of my ability and my actions did not affect my performance of those duties.
I am deeply sorry for letting down the residents of Punggol East, the PAP and everyone who has believed in me and supported me. I apologise unreservedly to them, and to my family.
I humbly request that you be kind enough to respect my family's privacy during this difficult period. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment